How BI & Analytics Aids in Employee Training
Organizations require business insights for informed decision-making across all business functions. Employee Training and Corporate Learning is no different. Training programs are vital to skill development, product training, employee onboarding, and more. Performance measurement of these programs is often carried out using spreadsheets, feedback forms and forms of third party data visualizations. Insights from these, however, are either delayed, inconsistent, or nonexistent. Business Intelligence and Analytics, therefore, plays a crucial role in providing trainers with the right and timely data insights to ensure effectiveness of delivery and reception of training programs.
Business Intelligence in Corporate eLearning – Discovering what is hidden
BI can prove to be a useful tool in Corporate eLearning, and here’s why –
- Online training programs can be made more effective with the help of BI tools and software. With the help of these tools, you can gain insights into the performance of your employees as well as the efficiency of the company. You can also see if the training programs need more inputs and change of plans and strategies. BI tools help figure out the drawbacks of your company, post which you can improvise on the training program by focusing on these areas.
- Data is of utmost importance to any organization, and with the help of BI, data can be turned into actionable insights. The learning management system (LMS) usually keeps a track of the various aspects of your training programs. The raw data that you get from the LMS can be converted into actionable insights.
- Using data and insights to better your corporate learning programs further helps achieve enhanced ROI.
- Tracking the habits of your customers as far as buying trends and experiences are concerned is a must. This lets you know what the customers are seeking, and how you can deliver. It is important to train employees internally to track buyer patterns and customer preferences to deliver superior customer experiences.
- BI helps with sales training as well, as it helps you focus on the improvement of your online training strategy and products. BI tools make training new and existing sales personnel more effective.
- Finally, BI in corporate e-Learning gives you an overview of what your future programs must look like and what it should involve. Since BI can look into current as well as future trends, you can structure your programs accordingly.
Data and insights at the Trainer’s finger tips
BI tools can help track the execution and delivery of these training programs, however, that is not all. Trainers too can benefit from BI, using modules that help improve their skills on conducting learning programs. A few of these features include modulating their voice according to what needs to be emphasized on, or highlighting key points.
By improving the effectiveness of the delivery of the program, the overall effectiveness of the programs improves, leading to better training clarity and structure.
Data is important, and to be able to gather, visualize, use, format and structure data, you need effective tools and software, and that’s where BI is critical. Organizations need to make use of BI tools to improve their overall performance. BI can help deal with pitfalls at the grassroot level—by delivering effective training programs and corporate e-learning.
Training Audit Plus
Training Audit Plus is The CareCloud’s pre-configured solution for employee training and performance management. It combines intelligent analytics across media and optimizes performance of trainers and their programs through advanced voice analytics, employee responses and much more. Businesses can improve training audit productivity by up to 60% and reduce annual cost of training audits by up to 40%. Training Audit Plus solution can be rolled out with no CAPEX and minimal IT involvement in as early as 6-9 weeks.
Create better employee training programs and improve employee productivity across your enterprise